A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME
Hi, I’m Mark Sinderson and I’m the founder of Financial Clarity Partners, a financial planning practice dedicated to helping people maximize their current financial reality and achieve their financial dreams.
Here's a bit of my backstory and why I started Financial Clarity Partners
How I Got Here
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh (that's the Allegheny River and part of the City of Pittsburgh in the picture above). Since college, I’ve had an interest in personal finance and how financial planning could be used to improve the well-being of families and individuals. The problem was that in the late ‘80’s and ’90’s, “financial planning” as we know it today was almost non-existent, especially for those who weren’t millionaires. Most of what passed for financial planning at that time was either to promote sales of life insurance or stocks. So, deciding that I didn’t want to be a stockbroker, I entered the world of business sales and management.
As the new millennium dawned I could see change was coming to the world of personal financial planning. Technology was accelerating and the financial services industry was rethinking the way they did business. I decided the time was right to pursue my long-held passion and started my career in the financial services industry in 2002 with my vision of how financial planning "could be" never far from mind. I earned the CFP® certification in 2006 and worked as a financial planner for independent wealth management firms for the next 10 years. As we headed into 2016, advances in financial technology and the reduction in cost that the technology provided meant that I should be able to offer personalized financial planning without the high overhead costs of the past. With that goal in mind, I transitioned out of the world of “high net worth only” financial advice and started Financial Clarity Partners to make my vision of affordable comprehensive financial planning for all a reality.
Money's Nice But So Is Enjoying Life
I love the work I do but "all work and no play" is definitely no fun. So, when not working, I like to exercise the creative side of my brain through photography, which is a passion of mine. I own a couple of digital cameras, which I frequently use, but have developed a love for analog (film...yup, they still make film) cameras. I develop my own film and scan the negatives into the computer.
I recently added a low-tech large format film camera to my photography "toolbox". Yes, this is the same type of camera that was used to photograph Abe Lincoln but it can make some incredible images, far surpassing any modern digital camera. It's a lot of fun to use and really takes all my concentration to get a good result. If you want to see some of my work, check out my flickr page where I post many of my images. In fact, many of the images you see on this site are my work.
Along The Oregon Coast With Digital & Film Cameras In Hand
My wife Pam and I have been married since 1990 and live outside of Atlanta, in Peachtree Corners, GA. In addition to photography Pam and I also enjoy relaxing with a good workout, cooking tasty BBQ on my Big Green Egg, listening to music (I even have a turntable!), and enjoying a quality craft beer or two. We also enjoy travel, especially out West where we visit many of the national parks and monuments. Both of us are also graduates of Colorado State and try to watch as many football/basketball games as we can......GO RAMS!!!
Why I Started Financial Clarity Partners
- I started Financial Clarity Partners because I believe that financial planning is a very powerful tool that should be available to anyone, no matter their net worth, who is committed to working towards a better future for themselves and their family.
- Everyone should have access to comprehensive, personalized, affordable financial advice, no matter their net worth or investment assets.
- I’ve seen the positive impact that comprehensive financial planning can make on someone’s life (both personally and professionally) and want to help others realize that in their own lives.
- We are all unique people with different life experiences, values and goals. There's no "robo advisor" or call center out there that can compete with a real person when it comes to truly understanding your values, needs, fears and dreams and working in partnership with you to build a plan for the future.
- The biggest question most people have is “Am I going to be OK?” and financial planning can increase the odds that the answer to that question is “Yes!”.